This muffin uses dried cranberries and the seeds from our yellow dock. The yellow-orange color comes from the seeds. The recipe is simple and does not use eggs nor baking powder, but vinegar and baking soda.
Ingredients for 15 to 18 muffins:
3 cups of all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp of salt
3 tsp of baking soda
1/2–1 cup of dried cranberry
1/3 cup of milled yellow-dock seeds
3 tbsp of vinegar
1/3 cup of honey
1/3 cup of olive oil
10 fl. oz. of apple juice
1. Prepare and mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
3. When you are ready to bake, mix the dry and wet ingredients together lightly.
4. Divide the dough and place the muffins on baking sheets.
3. Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes.