Naomi made blackberry pie this week. The blackberries were gathered on our land at the end of last summer. We have been using this fruit in our vegetable smoothies and, naturally, pies. Click on the image for a larger and more mouthwatering view or continue reading for the recipe.
The recipe is very simple. The ingredients for the pie filling are:
- 4 cups of blackberries
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 2 tbsps of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of allspice
- 3–4 tbsps of cornstarch depending on the blackberries
- (Optional) 1 cup of dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Place the pie crust in a 9″ dish
- Add the mixed pie filling to the dish
- Bake for 40 minutes
When the pie is cooked, put it in the refrigerator. The flavor peaks on the 2nd or 3rd day after baking.